Our employees can now exchange sensitive patient data and large files much faster and cheaper. Thus, we also meet the strict requirements of data protection. Thanks to Cryptshare, our hospital IT infrastructure is well-prepared for the future.Timo Dreger
Head of IT, Hospital Düren
Interview of Krankenhaus-IT Journal
with Matthias Kess, CTO of Cryptshare
2 out of 3
doctors have sent patients‘ data via SMS*
of doctors have sent photos and x-rays by mobile phone*
of doctors long for a secure channel to transfer their patients‘ data*
of doctors believed they still had patient related information on their smartphone*
With Cryptshare, medical facilities can:
- Exchange patients‘ data easily and securely (e.g.: base data, laboratory results, doctor's reports, radiographs, 3D scans, CT scans).
- Quickly receive a colleague's second opinion on a diagnosis based on CT scans and radiographs.
- Transfer laboratory results ad hoc with a full audit trail.
- Send patients copies of their images and x-rays without having to burn them onto a CD and send them via post, and without patients needing special software to view them.
- Securely receive patients‘ personal data.
- Exchange settlement forms and payment documents with health insurance companies and consulting specialists.
Cryptshare works as an add-in in the e-mail clients MS Outlook and IBM Notes, or as an application on its web interface. No matter how you use the software, the communication is always encrypted and secure.
Get to know Cryptshare in an interactive online seminar.
In our webinars, you can learn about the various advantages Cryptshare offers in a clear and efficient way from one of our Business Development Managers. They will present the product, in detail, online or via telephone and can answer all of your questions on the spot.
References in healthcare
More than 4.000.000 satisfied business users worldwide
- Universitätsklinikum Schleswig-Holstein
- BG Unfallklinik Duisburg
- Heidekreis-Klinikum GmbH
- Heiligenfeld GmbH
- Kinderkrankenhaus auf der Bult
- St. Josefshaus Herten
- Kreiskankenhaus Emmendingen
- Universitätsspital Basel
- St. Claraspital AG
- Klinikum Ernst von Bergmann gGmbH
- Universitätsmedizin Göttingen
- Krankenhaus Düren gGmbH
- Schön Klinik Verwaltung GmbH
- Klinikum Werra-Meißner
- Sofien- und Hufeland-Klinikum
Do your colleagues get second opinions via smartphone?
They better use Cryptshare to be compliant!
Data protection in healthcare – regulations and solutions
Staff in hospitals, doctors' offices and in other medical institutions deal with sensitive information about their patients’ every day. Information related to health is regarded as particularly sensitive and in need of protection.
As of 25th May 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation controls the processing of EU citizens' personal data and particularly protects the „Processing of special categories of personal data“ (article 9) to which belongs, amongst others, “data related to health” (article 4).
In case of data breaches/violations, severe penalties will be imposed.
Medical facilities must take all necessary measures to prevent the accessing of personal data by unauthorised third parties. This applies to paper files in the archive as well as to electronic files on the PC. In times of digitisation, this is an increasing challenge (regarding data protection) for doctors, nurses, therapists, and all healthcare professionals.
So how do hospitals, medical practices, and other medical facilities ensure that, in times of chip cards and digital patient records, sensitive data is only made available to those authorised? And how can it be made safe, quick, and easy? The answer is: Cryptshare.
You need to exchange large files quickly and securely?
Radiographs, CT scans, laboratory results, patient records and so on are exchanged daily within your building and with other healthcare facilities. Do you want to treat the sensitive information of your patients confidentially? Of course. And you are faced with the challenge of handling the predominantly large files safely at different locations and on different devices.
Today, information is usually exchanged by e-mail. However, when you send large amounts of data, you quickly reach size limits. Secure solutions such as S/MIME or PGP are too complicated and impractical to handle, and impose size limits, too. They are also cost-intensive.
A much faster and more cost-effective way to share large data volumes is via FTP servers and cloud solutions such as Dropbox. However, neither meets the legal requirements or regulatory framework nor the need for protection of personal data. However, these transfer options, amongst others, are used in hospitals, medical practices, and therapy centres because no practical option is available. This is called shadow IT.
Medical facilities must provide their staff with the right tools so that they can deal with the data entrusted to them in a truly responsible manner. With Cryptshare, you can exchange data of any size, completely ad hoc and highly securely.
Advantages of file transfer with Cryptshare
- Encryption of e-mail
- No size limit for transfer of files
- Documentation of all activity for compliance
- No user accounts needed
- No exchange of certificates needed
- No software installation needed
- All stored files encrypted
- Encrypted transfer of files
- LDAP Integration
- Unique encryption credentials with each transfer
Success story - Krankenhaus Düren
You may be interested in these blog posts
- Security in healthcare data transfers ‒ “Ease of use and security don’t have to be at odds with each other”
- Why privacy is a challenge in the health care sector
- Why IT admins can save lives in the future: IT security in healthcare
- New Ransomware WannaCry attacks computers worldwide
Data protection in healthcare
Organisations and enterprises of all kinds around the world can exchange files according to stringent compliance standards with Cryptshare thanks to:
- E-mail encryption made simple
- Encrypted file transfers of any size
- A detailed audit trail of all transfers at all stages
- Control over exchanged data with data classified by the sender
- Malware Scans for all transfers prior to encryption
How Cryptshare works
A short animation